Wednesday 15 October 2014

KidsEdChatnz and #CENZ14

Took part in a great tweet session about KidsEdChatnz tonight. Although the children and I have not taken part yet, it was great to hear the successes and benefits from other NZ teachers about its use. Interesting thoughts around using the Twitter chat as a part of ongoing assessment. Children not only showing their literacy skills through the prep work of reading/constructing the tweets, but more excitingly...the ability to reflect the Key Competencies in action.

Connected Educator Month is what led me to KidsEdChat...as well as Twitter, and even starting this Blog. So far I have completed all of the tasks, even if some were familiar such as the Google Apps suite of tools. My biggest learning thus far has been the impact that being connected can have. The blogs I have been linked to, the new technologies (@TeamKano), the reflective tweets during uLearn14, and the ability to connect/chat with other educators. I've even arranged a visit to Russell Street School to visit their Poutama MLE...all through Twitter, and all because of the new connections started during #CENZ14.

Where to next? First KidsEdChat tomorrow, my first go at using Social Media with students.

No comments:

Post a Comment