Thursday 16 October 2014

Big and Little Twitter Sessions

Two great Twitter sessions today...my students first Kidsedchatnz, and my own first go at #edchatnz tonight.

After a rapid intro to Twitter this week, my learners and I took part in the 'Goal Setting' Kidsedchat. The work the children had to do prior was amazing...getting to the Kidsedchat Blog, reading through the post (including an embedded YouTube clip), copying the questions to their Google Drive, then the discussions...and what great discussions they were! I would have been stoked with just that...but then the interaction via Twitter with other students, and my learners seeing the thoughts of their peers from across the country, and hearing their voice in our discussions...very powerful indeed.

I felt later that I needed to walk-the-talk a bit, so joined Edchatnz...for their 2nd birthday of all days. Rachel Bolstad, from NZCER Key Comps for the Future, moderated the chat, and asked some very challenging questions. She seemed most pleased when Q5 "broke everyone's brains for a microsecond"...her words.

Also followed the #cenz14 starter kete into Pond today...and after dipping my toes in, I know a further explore is needed.

No comments:

Post a Comment